Vondel L. Smith & Son Mortuary at South Lakes 4000 SW 119th Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
To send flowers in memory of CJ McDonald, please visit our Heartfelt Sympathies Store.
C. J. McDonald followed his wife Ruth into glory on February 27, 2019. This was just four days after Ruth’s passing.
C.J. was born on December 15, 1927 in Tecumseh, Oklahoma to Tyler McDonald and Edna Price McDonald who preceded him in death. He grew up mostly in the Tuttle area where he graduated from Tuttle High School. He attended Oklahoma University and served in the US Marine Corps from August 1945 until August 1946.
C.J. and Ruth married on December 27, 1949 and they lived in Oklahoma City for the next 69 years. They enjoyed many years of life together always putting Christ at the center. C.J. retired from Tinker Air Force Base after 42 years of employment. Their family was their greatest joy as was their church life. C.J. loved his family and baseball. He was a fan of Major League Baseball especially the World Series also known as The Fall Classic. He loved coaching little league.
C.J. was preceded in death by:
• His parents
• His brother Price McDonald
• His sister Glenola Wall
• And is wife of 69 years Ruth McDonald
CJ is survived by:
• His children, Lisa Waters and husband Bill Waters of Oklahoma City, Terry McDonald and wife Suzanne Mabry McDonald of Waco, Texas
• Eight grandchildren, Mariah Armstrong of Oklahoma City, Meagan Armstrong of Oklahoma City, Aaron Waters and wife Michelle of Wheeler, Texas, Andrea Waters of Oklahoma City, Stacie Waters of Oklahoma City, Tara DeLeon and husband Mario of Waco, Texas, Haley Coleman of Waco, Texas, and Tyler McDonald of Los Angeles, California
• And seventeen great grandchildren.