Vondel L. Smith & Son Mortuary 6934 S. Western Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
To send flowers in memory of Otto Curtis Kling Jr., please visit our Heartfelt Sympathies Store.
The family request that in lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to your favorite Local Animal Shelter.
Otto Curtis Kling
February 19, 1929 ~ July 12, 2019
Otto Curtis Kling, 90, passed from this life Friday, July 12, 2019. He was born the son of Otto Curtis Kling, Sr. & Mildred (Erdell) Kling. In Otto’s spare time, he was involved in many things. Some of his most enjoyable were going to Outback & Cattleman’s, building & tinkering with stuff, feeding his birds, taking care of his yard, going to his past employment at Wiley Post every Thanksgiving for Thanksgiving dinner, but his absolute favorite thing was his dog, Pumpkin. Otto was a member of Hillcrest Christian Church, where he cared about his church members dearly and he was a lifetime member of the Will Rogers Air National Guard Retiree Association, the Gray Eagles. He taught all his children a very good work ethic & when his sons were younger, he liked boy scouting with them. Otto got to go on two tiger cruises with his son, which he enjoyed very much. He had a knack for clothes & shoes, never wanting to throw them away because they, too, had character.
He was preceded in death by:
• His parents
• And his wife, Velma Ruth (Scarbrough) Kling
He leaves lasting memories with:
• His children, Steven Kling of Oklahoma City, Kristy Sanders and Mark Milton, of Broken Arrow and Kevin Kling and wife Susan of Weatherford, Texas
• Brother, Alvin Kling and wife Karen of Crowley, Texas
• Five grandchildren, Tiffany Kling Goode, Rebecca Kling, Dusten Norris, Amanda Sanders Griggs and Kevin Curtis Kling, II
• Three great grandchildren, Dawson Kling, Dylan Goode and Roen James Kling
• And his favorite dog, Pumpkin