Vondel L. Smith & Son Mortuary 6934 S. Western Avenue Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Wesley Wayne "Wes" Emptage, please visit our Heartfelt Sympathies Store.
Wesley Wayne “Wes” Emptage was born on Friday, August 15, 1941 in Cordell, Oklahoma to George Wesley and Jean Eleanor (Dart) Emptage. He died Wednesday, September 18, 2019 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Wes was a devoted Christian and a Church of Christ Minister in his younger years. He was currently a member of Southwest Church of Christ. Wes enjoyed all sports but he especially enjoyed football, and watching the Dallas Cowboys and the O.U. Sooners on TV. Wes loved to know all about the latest advances in technology and any type of new technology item or gadget. Wes loved his family. He loved his wife, his children, his grandchildren and his great grandchildren. He will be dearly missed by all.
Wes was preceded in death by:
• His parents, George and Jean Emptage
• His sister Eleanor Harris
• His wife Connie
• His children, Malynda Moulton and her husband Bill, David Emptage, Gayla Mays and Debbie Vandegrift
• Thirteen grandchildren, Patti, Kelli, Wesley, Jessica, Cecilia, Amanda, Jonathan, Bailey, McKenzie, Tabitha, Jacob, Jaylee, and Liberty
• Seven great grandchildren
• Brother-in-law Ronn Harris and his three children
• Other relatives, church family and friends