Viewing will be from 4-8 PM Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at Vondel L Smith & Son Mortuary (6934 S. Western Ave.)
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Rick Edward Goodman, please visit our Heartfelt Sympathies Store.
A graveside service will be held at 1:00 PM, Friday, February 5, 2021 at Resthaven Memory Gardens.
Pastor Rick E. Goodman, 73, met his Savior face to face Monday, February 1, 2021 as his faith became sight. He was born January 29, 1948 in Lindsay, Oklahoma the son of Oran Winford and Mabel (Dorrell) Goodman. Rick served many churches as Pastor in Kentucky and Oklahoma from the age of 27. He ministered to so many people and at the time of his death was the pastor at Knob Hill Baptist Church. He enjoyed fishing. His favorite place to fish was in Alaska. Rick also loved old cars. They still have his & Rusty’s 72 Chevrolet Pickup. He loved being a pastor but he also loved his family. One of his favorite holidays was Christmas because it meant spending time with his family. Rick was as giddy as a school boy to buy gifts for everyone.
He was preceded in death by:
• his parents;
• brothers, Wendell and Harley Goodman;
• and sister, Cleta Edwards.
He will be missed by:
• his wife Rita Goodman;
• daughter, Rena Walker and husband Doug;
• son; Rusty Goodman and wife Melinda;
• grandchildren, Timothy Milam and wife Tasha, Sue Ann Overholt and husband Sean, Sayra Goodman, Bradley Walker, Britney Walker and Austin Littrell, Ryan Goodman;
• great grandchildren, Eden Goodman, Amelia Overholt and Henry Milam;
• and numerous nieces, nephews, and cousins. He will also be missed by his sister Kay Mythen and